Facilitator Elementary ELAR
Organize, facilitate, and conduct ongoing professional development to support the district’s comprehensive literacy plan. Collaborate with ELAR coordinators to develop a vertically aligned, research-based, and effective curriculum. Provide teacher modeling, coaching, and staff development for ELAR teachers.
Master’s degree in education or subject-related field preferred
Valid Texas Teacher Certification or Valid Texas elementary teacher certification
ESL Certification preferred
Reading Endorsement preferred
Minimum 5+ years’ experience as an elementary ELAR teacher
Curriculum development experience preferred
Coaching experience preferred
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Knowledge of best practice strategies
Knowledge of instructional technology
Ability to interpret data
Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Work with ELAR curriculum coordinators to ensure effective implementation of Balanced Literacy strategies across the district.
- Collaborate with staff and other district personnel to formulate, develop, promote, implement, and evaluate the Balanced Literacy initiative.
- Consult with teachers to develop appropriate strategies for addressing the needs of students.
- Observe classroom instruction and provide feedback and assistance to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement.
- Demonstrate and model research based instructional strategies.
- Promote the use of instructional technology to engage students and to improve learning.
- Monitor effectiveness of instructional programs through observations, analysis of campus and district test data and use of assessment instruments.
- Work with administrative staff to develop, coordinate, and deliver teacher professional growth activities in content and program areas.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.