Facilities Maintenance Specialist - CCC
To maintain the physical appearance of the building and grounds in a condition of operating excellence so that full use of the facility may be made at all times.
High school diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license
HVAC license, preferred
Must be able to obtain licensing in any of the trades within a year after employment
Minimum three (3) years of experience in HVAC, plumbing, and/or electrical field, required
Experience with sprinkler systems, carpentry, and general maintenance repair work, required
Computer experience, required
Strong computer skills preferred to support the Energy Management System
Must have the ability to learn and navigate the Electronic Maintenance Management System
Computer proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work with and learn from others.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks successfully,
- Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Complete assignments in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Have the ability to enter event schedules as needed in the Building Automated Systems (BAS), heating and cooling schedules.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of supplies, tools and equipment.
- Perform daily building inspections as outlined in the building continuity book.
- Perform preventative maintenance repairs, and submit work orders into school dude as needed.
- Maintain and file logs of equipment operation.
- Monitor water treatment system and maintain log reports.
- Schedule and replace air filters.
- Perform minor carpentry repairs as needed.
- Perform minor plumbing and electrical repairs and assist plumbers and electricians when needed.
- Perform minor repairs to lockers, doors and related equipment.
- Perform repairs to floor covering, tile and cove base.
- Paint and repair wall surfaces and spot touch up areas throughout the building.
- Assist HVAC technician in repairs when needed.
- Monitor sprinkler systems and condition of grass/shrubs.
- Monitor all contract service companies under contract with GISD maintenance.
- Must be able to operate/drive boom lift, scissor lifts, forklifts, and GISD vehicle.
- Must be able to work in high spaces, such as elevated catwalk systems.
- Must be able to alternate schedule to accommodate special events and functions. Some weekend work may be required.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.