FAFSA Fun Night
All high school seniors should be completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Government assistance - in the form of grants and/or lower interest rates on student loans - is available to all students, regardless of income or citizenship status.
Knowing that filling out forms - especially financial forms - can be challenging, GISD is hosting several evenings when families can come with the appropriate supporting paperwork and get the FAFSA form completed and submitted online. Staff will be available to help if questions or problems arise. Help will be provided in both English and Spanish.
You can't afford to miss this event!
Be sure to bring the following items with you:
- Student's Social Security Card or Number
- Student's 2016 W-2 Forms (if applicable)
- Student's 2016 Federal Income Tax Return (if applicable)
- Parents' Social Security Cards or Numbers
- Parents' 2016 W-2 Forms
- Parents' 2016 Federal Income Tax Return
- Any other income records, including proof of child support paid or received
Find out more about FAFSA on our financial aid page.