Join us for Fall Intersession! Students will have learning opportunities for acceleration, enrichment and intervention throughout the week. Each student will have individualized instruction to meet their needs, as well as the opportunity to participate in fun contests with prizes. All campuses will have individual Intersessions, with special offerings being held at "hub" campuses.
Learn more about Intersessions at garlandisd.net/intersession. We look forward to seeing your students.
Preparing for Intersession
Here are some key dates and actions to help you plan:
- Aug. 31-Sept. 4: Guardians should receive a campus-specific save the date with extra information.
- Sept. 14-Oct. 2: Campuses will begin scheduling students into courses for Intersession. Please contact your campus for more information.
- Oct. 5: Fair day Student/Staff holiday
- Oct. 6-9: Intersession Week
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Transportation is only available for eligible students who already ride the bus.
Intersession will be held during the following four-hour periods each day:
- Elementary: 8:10 a.m.-12:10 p.m.
- Middle School: 8:50 a.m.-12:50 p.m.
- High School: 7:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m.
Each day will have two sessions with a break in between, as well as time for breakfast and lunch.