Field Trip Driver
Provide safe and efficient transportation for students participating in the district’s extracurricular programs and activities.
High School Diploma or GED
Possess a clear and valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements
Possess clear annual driver’s license and criminal history
Successful completion of all state and local training courses
Ability to pass U.S. Department of Transportation alcohol and drug tests and annual physical exam
Must be at least 21 years of age
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a certified school bus driver, preferred
Ability to operate a school bus
Ability to complete required bus driver safety training
Effective radio communication skills
Proficient map reading skills
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Major responsibilities and duties
- Check bus before each operation and report any mechanical failure.
- Display professionalism in dealing with students, parents, staff and community.
- Approach problem solving tactfully with directness and integrity.
- Observe all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses.
- Keep assigned bus clean as required.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Must be mentally alert and physically able to perform job functions.
- Follow assigned field trip as scheduled.
- Report all accidents to proper authorities with required information.
- Must be knowledgeable of route to field trip destination.
- Exercise responsible leadership when transporting school children.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.