Food Service Driver Stocker
Pull food and supply orders from the SNS warehouse and deliver them courteously and accurately to each of the Garland ISD school kitchens.
High School Diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
Must possess/obtain a valid CDL License
Current Food Handlers Certification
One (1) year of warehouse experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules; operating, maintenance and procedure manuals
Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines
Ability to perform basic math functions
Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Possess a safe driving record
Physically able to perform job functions
Major responsibilities and duties
Receiving and Delivery
- Provide customer service to each school cafeteria by accurately pulling the requested items from the warehouse pick slips.
- Display professionalism in dealing with managers, staff, teachers, students and or parents that may be present.
- Approach problem solving tactfully with directness and integrity.
- Exert a positive influence and work in harmony with associates.
- Display self-control and tact.
- Is punctual and displays acceptable attendance.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Pull product stock carefully from pick slips to ensure that orders are complete and inventory is maintained accurately.
- Accurately perform daily cycle counts as well as yearly inventories.
- Insure that all product is safe guarded against biohazards during loading, transport and unloading
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques while performing job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate tools, equipment and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Operate all safety and fire prevention equipment within the warehouse as prescribed by local code and/or school policy.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Maintain storage areas, loading and unloading docks.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of lift equipment and delivery trucks.
- Secure warehouse locations by locking doors and coolers. Communicate with security regarding irregular access to the facility.
- May assist in training new staff if applicable.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.