Garland High School (GHS)
Offerings available to all Owls
College, Career and Military Readiness (CCMR)
- Advanced Placement (AP) and dual credit classes, including the AP Capstone Diploma
- Dallas County Promise
- Free PSAT/SAT/TSI-A test prep and on-site testing
Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Available areas of study
- Child Development
- Computer Science
- Fashion Design
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Manufacturing (Wood and Metal)
Specific CTE offerings
- CTE courses offered: Course list
- CTE internships and practicums: Course list
- CTE certifications: Certification list
CTE application required for some courses
Visual and Performing Arts
- Drill Team
- Step Team
- Theatre/Tech Theatre
- Visual Arts
Students can apply for just one program or both AVAPA and IB.
Academy of Visual and Performing Arts (AVAPA)
- Choral Music Studies
- Film Studies
- Instrumental Music Studies: Band, Guitar, Orchestra or Piano
- Theatre Studies: Performance or Technical
- Visual Arts Studies
In addition to the application, students must interview and either audition or present a portfolio. Students must also meet attendance and discipline requirements.
Learn more about the Academy of Visual and Performing Arts magnet.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Committed to a high-quality, challenging, intercultural education that prepares students for immediate success in college.
- Earn college credit through a well-rounded, rigorous academic course of study and meaningful experiences outside the classroom.
- Curriculum is designed to provide a holistic learning experience with a focus on teaching students to think critically and independently, and how to inquire with care and logic. Students develop skills needed to be inquisitive, life-long learners through an in-depth study of human behavior and educational inquiry.
Students must be at the 85th percentile in math or reading and meet grading, attendance and discipline requirements.
Learn more about the International Baccalaureate magnet.
Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH)
- Associate of Applied Science in electrical engineering
- Associate of Applied Science in manufacturing
- Associate of Science in engineering
- Richland College and industry partnerships
No testing or grading requirements necessary. Additional application materials will be required within the magnet application.
Learn more about the P-TECH magnet.