Garland High School (GHS)
Offerings available to all Owls
College, Career and Military Readiness (CCMR)
- Advanced Placement (AP) and dual credit classes, including the AP Capstone Diploma
- Dallas County Promise
- Free PSAT/SAT/TSI-A test prep and on-site testing
Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Available areas of study
- Child Development
- Computer Science
- Fashion Design
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Manufacturing (Wood and Metal)
Specific CTE offerings
- CTE courses offered: Course list
- CTE internships and practicums: Course list
- CTE certifications: Certification list
CTE application required for some courses
Middle Years Programme (MYP) - New for 2021-22
MYP is a concept-driven framework for learning for 9th and 10th grades. MYP focuses on developing critical thinkers through inquiry, interdisciplinary learning and relevant global connections embedded in classroom instruction. Students will be enrolled in:
- Individuals and Societies
- Language Acquisition
- Language and Literature
Visual and Performing Arts
- Band/Color Guard
- Drill Team
- Step Team
- Theatre/Tech Theatre
- Visual Arts
Students can apply for just one program or both AVAPA and IB.
Academy of Visual and Performing Arts (AVAPA)
- Choral Music Studies
- Film Studies
- Instrumental Music Studies: Band, Guitar, Orchestra or Piano
- Theatre Studies: Performance or Technical
- Visual Arts Studies
In addition to the application, students must interview and either audition or present a portfolio. Students must also meet attendance and discipline requirements.
Learn more about the Academy of Visual and Performing Arts magnet.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Holistic approach to learning that emphasizes independent, higher-order thinking, intercultural understanding, and engagement in a global society.
- Rigorous curriculum provides students with an in-depth study of human behavior and the process of educational inquiry.
Students must be at the 85th percentile in math or reading and meet grading, attendance and discipline requirements. Students in Austin Academy's magnet program have automatic continuation to IB.
Learn more about the International Baccalaureate magnet.
Early College High School (ECHS) - New for 2021-22
- Earn up to 60 college hours or an Associate of Arts/Associate of Science degree.
- Cohort groups foster accelerated learning and provide support to develop academic and social skills necessary for college completion in a "school within a school" environment.
- Degree offered through Dallas College Richland Campus.
Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH)
- Associate of Applied Science in electrical engineering
- Associate of Applied Science in manufacturing
- Associate of Science with a pre-engineering concentration
- Degree offered through Dallas CollegeRichland College
- Industry partners: Epiroc, Gary Castro Manufacturing, Label Solutions
No testing or grading requirements necessary.