General Maintenance Worker I
Perform preventative maintenance repairs to the interior and exterior of school buildings and other district facilities. This position requires working four ten-hour days on the evening shift.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Minimum two (2) years’ experience in general maintenance preferred
General maintenance knowledge
General knowledge of crafts, such as: carpentry, flooring, ceramic tile, glass glazing, painting, drywall, minor plumbing, ceiling tiles, cabinet maker and constructions and minor electrical repairs (ballasts & lamps)
Ability to use a computer
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Ability to maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Perform carpentry repairs to school buildings and other district facilities.
- Perform repairs to floor coverings, ceramic tile and cove base.
- Perform minor plumbing, HVAC, electrical, glass and ceiling tile/grid repairs.
- Perform wall repairs, painting, texture, tape & bed and drywall installation.
- Perform wall stud installations and ability to make cabinets if needed.
- Ability to operate/drive a service vehicle following all state rules and regulations.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to use a computer to log work hours, and close work orders.
- Ability to work safely with power tools, hand tools, lifts and equipment.
- Ability and willingness to perform all other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.