Gifted and Talented Education Administrator
Coordinate and provide leadership in the implementation of the district program for gifted and talented students in grades K-12; collaborate with district staff and outside personnel to provide educational opportunities for gifted and talented student and training opportunities for staff serving the gifted and talented population.
Valid Texas administrator certificate
Valid Texas teaching certificate with endorsement in gifted and talented education
Minimum of three (3) years as a gifted and talented teacher and/or administrator
Supervisory experience in Gifted and Talented Education preferred
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Knowledge of strategies and materials for the education of gifted and talented students
Ability to interpret data
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Strong written and oral communication skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Establish and coordinate the processes and procedures to identify gifted and talented students at all grade levels districtwide including review of student data and testing of students.
- Coordinate the testing and placement of eligible students in the gifted and talented program.
- Establish and coordinate the process for monitoring students participating in the gifted and talented program.
- Work to ensure that the district and all schools are in compliance with Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted and Talented Students.
- Consult with curriculum department to develop and provide gifted and talented students with appropriate course work. Provide resources and materials to support staff in accomplishing programs goals.
- Observe classroom instruction and provide support to classroom teachers to facilitate improvement and innovation.
- Plan and provide staff development for teachers, counselors, and administrators including sessions on methods for identifying and instructing gifted and talented students.
- Evaluate the gifted and talented program’s effectiveness based on evaluative findings and recommend changes as needed.
- Plan, conduct, and support gifted and talented parent information meetings. Consult with parents, administrators, counselors, teachers, education service centers/agencies, and other relevant individuals regarding gifted and talented students.
Budget and Inventory
- Participate in the development, preparation, and administration of the gifted and talented budget for supplies, resources, equipment, and testing personnel and materials.
- Ensure that the gifted and talented program is cost-effective and that funds are managed wisely.
- Coordinate the selection and purchase of supplemental equipment, resources, and supplies for the program.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile and maintaining all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, the State Plan for the Education for Gifted and Talented Students, and the local school board policy.
- Administrative Assistant.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.