Gilbreath-Reed Career and Technical Center (GRCTC)
Go beyond the classroom at the GRCTC
Students from all seven GISD high schools have the opportunity to attend the GRCTC for advanced-level Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses during part of their normal school day.
This state-of-the-art learning center offers unique programs, certifications and advanced-level courses that are taught by industry experts.
- Students in CTE courses receive real-world experience and hands-on training in some of the most high-demand fields.
- Graduates often work their way through college or enter the workforce straight out of high school.
- Courses are offered in morning or afternoon sessions, with students either starting or ending the day at GRCTC.
- Sophomores may also participate in culinary arts and firefighting courses.
- District transportation is provided, or students can choose to drive their own vehicles.
Offerings available at the GRCTC
Career strands at the GRCTC
- Business Management
- Certified Medical Assisting
- Construction Technology - Electrical
- Dental Assisting
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Fashion Design
- Game Programming and Design
- Graphic Design and Illustration
- Interior Design
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Metal Fabrication and Machining
- Networking and Cybersecurity
- Outdoor Power
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assisting
- Web Design
Visit the GRCTC website for details on all the CTE offerings.
Industry experience through labs, practicum courses
Certifications and licenses earned after graduation or with additional college credit
The GRCTC facility also showcases an onsite hands-on learning program featuring a simulated city designed to teach sixth-graders about participating in a global economy.