Under general supervision, assist with all aspects of the daily use of GIS software and related prod within the department. Participates in the development and implementation of solutions to meet the objectives, requirements and enhancements for the department and end users in professional manner.
Associates Degree in GIS, required
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in GIS preferred.
Additional certification related to GIS may be considered
Equivalent experience/training working in GIS field may be considered
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with ESRI suite of products including ArcGIS desktop 10.x.
Experience with ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online is preferred
Progressive responsibility must be demonstrated
Previous office experience is preferred
Previous working experience working with ESRI GIS software, operations, functions and deployment in server environment is preferred
GIS concepts and analytical techniques, digital data conversion, manipulation and analysis
GIS database administration, management requirements and principles, including quality control, validation and practices
Demonstrate previous work with an ArcGIS Online solution is required.
Ability to work independently and problem solve GIS related issues
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Involved in all technical aspects of the district GIS deployment.
- Interacts with various other district departments on all technical GIS operations.
- Assists with analyzing and resolution of all GIS software related issues.
- Assume a leadership role in the development and maintenance of all GIS dependent databases.
- Plan, organize, develop and recommend data and technical GIS solutions in line with the long range plans of the department.
- Analyze requests, propose solutions and make sound independent decisions within established guidelines.
- Assist the GIS department with all upgrades and solutions for an efficient operation.
- Monitor, assist and provide guidance for other GIS staff, including training.
- Organize, maintain and complete projects efficiently.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with all project members.
- Assume responsibility for the successful completion of all GIS projects.
- Continually monitor and investigate all new related software and applications, including participation in ongoing training opportunities.
- Work with all district departments, when requested, to provide GIS solution assistance.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervise GIS technical staff and interns.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.