GISD Employee Clinic Nurse (LVN)
Provide a full range of nursing service to include screening, planning implementing and evaluating the medical conditions of patients under the direction of the clinic manager.
Must complete an accredited professional nursing education program
Must have a current license to practice professional nursing as a LVN in Texas from the State
Board of Nurse Examiners
Must maintain current Basic Life Support Certification
Must attain continuing medical education credits as required by the State Board of Nurse Examiners
A minimum of two (2) years nursing experience in community health and/or working with patients, preferred
Possess broad base of knowledge regarding the nursing care principle, practices and procedures
Possess an understanding of safety principles and infection control in the patient care environment
Possess the ability to assess patient needs in order to coordinate the appropriate nursing care plan
Possess a thorough understanding of the technical content of the position as well as the ability to apply these skills to health-related issues
Possess strong assessment skills
Possess knowledge of health appraisal to identify health defects
Strong, effective communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Provide a full range of nursing services to include assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating the medical condition of school and city employees.
- Provide temporary and emergency care for sick patients.
- Perform screening procedures as required by the Texas Department of Health and district policy. Make appropriate referrals as necessary.
- Maintain acceptable quantity and quality levels that will meet or exceed the production goals of the work unit to accomplish the overall objectives of the clinic.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the technical content of the health clinic nurse position, and use these technical skills to apply to health-related issues.
- Develop a plan of action to achieve daily work objectives as well as anticipate contingencies and develop alternate plans to meet completion deadlines.
- Organize procedures and set priorities in order to make necessary adjustments to ensure a smooth workflow to meet deadlines and production goals.
- Use a logical process to gather and analyze information, weigh alternatives and select the best plan of action.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the health clinic and present changes based on the findings to clinic manager.
- Communicate as needed with clinic manager, clinic providers and other health clinic staff members regarding health service issues.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.