Garland ISD will continue nourishing bodies and minds after the school year ends, thanks to Student Nutrition Services’ summer feeding program. Starting June 12, students can receive free breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday at select campuses.
"Summer can be a difficult time for children with limited access to meals," said Assistant Director of Nutrition and Menu Operations Jennifer Craig. "We offer neighborhood feeding at our open summer school locations to help bridge the gap these students may encounter."
But GISD is not the only organization featuring a summer nutrition program. The City of Garland is partnering with CitySquare to offer free meals to children 1-18 and young adults with disabilities Monday-Friday, June 11-Aug. 10. See a list of serving sites on CitySquare's website.
Although registration is not required for either program, students must be accompanied by an adult and eat their meal on-site. Projected serving times at all Garland ISD locations are from 8:30-9 a.m. and noon-12:30 p.m. Attendees can even plan future meals by checking out the summer meals menu, debuting in late May via MealViewer.
Garland ISD serving locations include:
- Austin Academy for Excellence - June 12-27 and July 9-26
- Back Elementary School - June 12-28
- Bussey Middle School - June 12-27
- Caldwell Elementary School - June 12-July 3
- Club Hill Elementary School - June 12-July 3
- Daugherty Elementary School - June 12-28
- Davis Elementary School - June 6-22
- Handley Elementary School - June 12-28
- Houston Middle School - June 12-27 and July 9-19
- Lakeview Centennial High School - June 13-28
- Memorial Pathway Academy - June 13-28
- Naaman Forest High School - June 13-28 and July 9-12
- Park Crest Elementary School - June 12-July 3