GISD Wellness EXPO
This is a free family friendly event to promote health and wellness in our community. Attend this event for information on health and wellness, fitness, nutrition and mental health from over 50 local health and wellness providers and Garland ISD departments.
This event is sponsored by GISD’s Coordinated School Health Program.
Screenings available include:
- Blood Glucose
- Blood Cholesterol
- Pain and injury assessments
- Skin screenings
- Posture and weight distribution screenings
- Memory and depression screenings
- Spinal screenings
- Visual dental screenings
- Body composition screenings
- Blood pressure screenings
- Vision screenings for all ages. (glasses to qualifying children)
- Hearing screenings
- Sports screenings
The following vaccinations are offered by the City of Garland Health Department during the event:
- Meningitis B
Vaccination cost and insurance options
The Garland Public Health Clinic accepts the following medical insurances:
- United Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- They do not accept Aetna
The Garland Public Health Clinic offers vaccines at low cost for students without medical insurance.
The VFC Program is for students 18 and under without medical insurance:
- 1 vaccine $14
- 2 vaccines $25
- 3 or more vaccines $30
The ASN Program is for students 19 and older without medical insurance and the cost is $25 for all the vaccines available under the ASN program.
Please note: GISD employees should be prepared to pay for any vaccines received.
Heading to college?
Attend this event to get the recommended vaccinations.
Games and activiites
Families can enjoy several jumbo games including:
- Wellness Land
- Connect 4
You can also shoot hoops with high school basketball teams, donate blood, or visit the Fire Truck and Reading with Rodney Bus.
There will be scheduled demos at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 11:30 a.m.
- Southwest Dairy Farmers
- Student Nutrition Services Cooking Demo
- The first 250 attendees will receive a free bag
- Enter to win raffle prizes
- District locations with the highest average attendance will receive a healthy reward for their location. Categories include:
- Elementary/Pre-K School
- Middle School
- High School
- Administration/Special Services Building