The Digital Learning Team hosts a monthly Twitter Chat to discuss hot topics in digital learning, as well as share ideas for teaching in a 21st-century classroom. Teachers that attend #GISDchat receive one hour of CPE credit.
Join us for #GISDchat on the first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
- Sept. 4, 2018 - The Power of Your Why!
- Oct. 2, 2018 - Building Relationships with Students
- Nov. 6, 2018 - Building Your Instructional Brand
- Dec. 4, 2018 - Rev Up Your Review - Tips & Tech Ideas for Formative Assessments
- Jan. 8, 2019 - How We Learn
- Feb. 5, 2019 - Transforming Technology - Empowering Learning & Teaching
- March 5, 2019 - UN#GISDchat
- April 2, 2019 - Best of - Filling your Teacher Toolbox
- May 7, 2019 - Finish the Year Strong!
GISD Teachers can earn CPE from anywhere by joining in! Follow @DigitalGISD today.
#GISDchat Twitter Chat Guidelines
- Always use #GISDchat when you post in the chat.
- Indroduce yourself using your professional Twitter account. Share your name, campus/department, grade/content level, and other pertinent info that helps connect you with others in the chat.
- Don't just answer questions; reply to others. Remember, this is a conversation, not a Q and A session.
- If you come in late, be sure to jump into the conversation that is currently taking place. You can go back and read the previous questions and answers later.
- Acknowledge other's observations and comments. This is a great way to build your PLN and gain new followers.
- Number your answers to match the questions to which you are replying (for example, Q1 is answered with A1).
- Don't be afraid to be a lurker. This is a great way to test the waters and get familiar with the Twitter chat forum.
- Remember that what you post in a chat is still visible to the rest of your followers. Use the messenger to send private messages to another participant.