To effectively facilitate the Grants Program by developing, planning, and coordinating a district-wide grant program.
Valid Texas Teacher’s Certificate
Minimum three (3) years’ teaching experience
Ability to provide instructional leadership and management in related areas
Effective skills in planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing professional development
Experience working with grants/grant writing/grant seeking
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work with others; conflict management skills
Demonstrated leadership skills at the campus level
Major responsibilities and duties
- Researches grant opportunities based upon District’s Strategic Goals, District Improvement Plan, and Campus Improvement Plans to help realize District’s Shared Vision.
- Seeks and identifies available funding sources including Federal, State, and Private Foundations through a variety of sources, and disseminates information within the District.
- Ability to work with Program Directors and Campus Teams to structure, prepare, and submit grant applications to meet funding needs.
- Assist in developing, writing, and submitting in conjunction with appropriate Administrative Team and/or Campus Team members, grant proposals on behalf of the District and its programs.
- Serves as clearing house for grants as well as reviews grant proposals prior to submission to funding agencies.
- Establish and maintain databases to monitor grants and timelines to gather/store required documentation to ensure compliance and completion of necessary reports.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and assume responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Maintain and update District Grant Intranet site.
- Use strong technical editing, technical summary writing, and proofreading skills as needed.
- Establish systems for data collection and analysis to assist in establishing district/campus needs.
- Assist in presenting grant-writing training for staff members.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.