Graphic Design Specialist
Develop a wide variety of complex graphic design projects at the district and campus level for both online and print productions.
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications or related field
Two to four (2-4) years’ graphic design or communications experience
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with commercial printing
Knowledge of Associated Press Style
Knowledge of student privacy laws
Ability to turn ideas and customer input into concrete images and graphic presentations
Ability to meet established deadlines while managing multiple projects
Major responsibilities and duties
Publications and Information Services
- Design, prepare, and edit publications and presentations produced by the Communications Department.
- Produce original digital artwork and graphic layouts for campus and district initiatives and events.
- Provide writing and proofreading services as needed.
- Coordinate with Printing Services or outside vendors for distribution of publications or projects.
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events and programs.
- Maintain archives of digital assets.
- Provide digital media support on request.
- Establish and maintain relationships with district and departmental leadership to cultivate an effective channel of communications.
Policy and Law
- Effectively interpret policy, procedures and data.
- Help maintain the district brand.
- Demonstrate integrity while working with matters related to the Family educational rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Work both independently with minimal direction and collaboratively as part of a larger team.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to routine inquiries from the public media, Board of Trustees or staff as directed. Refer non-routine inquiries to the Director of Communications.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.