Grounds Department Mowing Foreman
Assist in the overseeing of all daily operations of grounds/landscape personnel. Responsible for delegating work assignments, overseeing jobs are completed in a timely manner.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record/CDL preferred
Experience with the operation and maintenance of mowing equipment
Experience with lawn care and landscape maintenance and installation
Knowledge and understanding of plant and grass care
Knowledge of tools, methods of materials used in grounds construction, landscaped area maintenance worked, and building maintenance and improvement
Good organizational and people skills
Ability to handle high-volume, fast paced work loads
Ability to order and maintain adequate supplies
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SchoolDude
Major responsibilities and duties
- Oversee the completion of work assignments by crew members and assist with decisions regarding job procedures, work standards and machinery use.
- Enforces safe working conditions with all job assignment s and is responsible for instructing staff on proper equipment use and work methods.
- Supervises special projects and crews.
- Manages to build maintenance program and improvement projects.
- Reports concerns and all disciplinary problems to Supervisor/Manager.
- Responsible for overseeing sub-contractors’ work and completions.
- Ability to fill in as “Acting Supervisor” when needed.
- Assist in conducting interviews/hiring of grounds and seasonal employees.
- Work with code enforcement.
- Oversee that all schools and support locations are mowed on time, once a week, and are in a presentable manner.
- Order supplies for grounds/landscape needs.
- Operation of heavy equipment (ex: backhoe, track loader, dump truck).
- Ability to work with principals/contractors on a daily basis.
- Ability to conduct training as needed “in or out” of field.
- Assist in supervising the following areas:
- Mow Crew/Landscape Technician
- Tractor Drivers
- Mow Trucks and Equipment
- Tractor Trucks and Equipment
- Work Orders in SchoolDude
- Willingness to perform all other duties as assigned.
- All technicians, all equipment, all work orders, conduct a non-scheduled “random” truck inventory, inspect trucks for cleanliness.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.