Grounds, Irrigation Foreperson
To provide adequate water to all plant materials, maintain safe athletic fields, playgrounds and landscape areas, utilizing practices set forth by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license (unrestricted) with good driving record
State Landscape Irrigator’s License Required or able to obtain within 12 months
State Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certification Required or able to obtain within 12 months
Ten years’ minimum experience
Knowledge of general maintenance related skills
Knowledge of design, installation and repairs of irrigation systems
Knowledge of electronic devices (volt/ohm meter, wire tracer)
Knowledge of irrigation control operation and functions
Knowledge of water saving techniques, i.e. ET based scheduling
Major responsibilities and duties
- Diagnose and troubleshoot valve malfunctions.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Understand state, city and local water codes and restrictions.
- Maintain irrigation systems within state and local regulation.
- Operate trenching equipment, backhoe, etc.
- Maintain PM maintenance scheduling and routing.
- Maintain any required state and local records.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely and workable manner.
- Ability to get along with and learn from others.
- Maintain professional appearance.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.