Grounds, Landscape Crew Member
The ability to assist crew leader and other members on crew to get schools/other support locations up to GISD acceptable conditions.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record/CDL preferred
In lawn care and landscape maintenance and installation
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ability to work with a 3-4 man crew on daily basis to get assigned jobs complete.
- Ability to pull gooseneck trailer/large trailers in a safe manner.
- See that schools and support locations are mowed on time, once a week, and are in a presentable manner with quality care.
- Ability to occasionally work with principals/contractors.
- Ability to follow instructions/directions.
- Ability to operate all types of grounds equipment (ex: hand-held equipment, zero-turn mowers, skid loaders, backhoes).
- Ability to properly install landscape materials and supplies.
- Ability to complete all work orders/job assignments in a timely manner and additional assignments.
- Ability to work in various types of weather.
- Ability to do work assigned/flexible on job duties.
- Responsible for truck and all equipment assigned.
- Keep truck/equipment clean of debris daily.
- Equipment upkeep daily (ex: grease unit, check fluid levels)
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of entire rig (ex: truck, trailer, tractor, mowing deck).
- Visually inspect tractor for oil and water leaks, proper tire inflation, and overall condition and report any deficiencies to management.
- Ability to load and unload tractor safely.
- Ability to handle stress/heat.
- Ability to show leadership.
- Ability to pick up trash and debris (ex: paper, rocks, wood).
- Ability to get all supplies together for daily tasks/assignments.
- Ability to assist mow crews with mowing and other assigned tasks.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.