Grounds, Landscape Foreperson
Assist in the overseeing of all daily operations of grounds/landscape personnel. Depending on the season personnel may vary 25-30 people on daily basis. Responsible for delegating work assignments, overseeing jobs are completed in a timely manner.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record/CDL preferred
Strong knowledge of Landscape Design/Horticultural
Experience with the operation and maintenance of mowing equipment
Experience with lawn care and landscape maintenance and installation/ landscape design
Knowledge and understanding of plant and turf care management
Knowledge of tools, methods of materials used in grounds construction, landscaped area maintenance worked, and building maintenance and improvement
Good organizational and people skills
Ability to handle high-volume, fast paced work loads
Ability to monitor supplies and coordinate with Supervisor for ordering
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and School Dude
Major responsibilities and duties
Oversee the completion of work assignments by crew members and assist with decisions regarding job procedures, work standards and machinery use.
- Enforces safe work conditions with all job assignments and is responsible for instructing staff on proper equipment use and work methods.
- Supervises special projects and crews.
- Manages to build maintenance program and improvement projects.
- Motivate others and attention to detail.
- Reports concerns and all disciplinary problems to Supervise/Manager.
- Ability to fill in as “Acting Supervisor” when needed.
- Oversee that all schools and support locations are mowed on time, once a week, and are in a presentable manner.
- Monitor supplies for grounds/landscape needs.
- Operation of heavy equipment (ex: backhoe, track loader, dump truck).
- Ability to conduct training as needed “in or out” of field.
- Assist in supervising the following areas:
- Mow Crew/Landscape Technician
- Tractor Drivers
- Mow Trucks and Equipment
- Tractor Trucks and Equipment
- Landscape Trucks and Equipment
- Work Orders in SchoolDude
- Willingness to perform all other duties as assigned.
Assisting Supervisory Responsibilities:
- All technicians, all equipment, all work orders, Conduct a non-scheduled “random” truck inventory, inspect trucks for cleanliness, assisting on yard treatments.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.