GRS TV Television Producer
To provide video services to the Garland ISD to include: producing programs for GRS-TV, operating the video boards at Williams Stadium and HBJ Stadium, and working with clients at the Curtis Culwell Center.
Bachelor’s degree with a major in Television or Film
Three (3) years of hands-on television
production to include producing, directing and editing video programs
Strong video production skills to include studio and field work; pre/post production and implementation of produced materials
Ability to organize, develop and produce video programming
Ability to use a personal computer
A valid Texas driver’s license and ability to drive to and from production locations in a personal car, ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
Excellent communication and decision-making skills
Outstanding team player
Major responsibilities and duties
- Develop a pre-production plan for each program to be produced.
- Direct live and taped broadcasts.
- Operate studio/field equipment to include: Video cameras, Video switcher, Audio board, Non-linear editing equipment, Set up of microphones and other related sound equipment, Set up of lights necessary for quality video
- Create creative graphics.
- Minor technical troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Broadcasting.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.