Health Services Aide or Health Clinic Aide
Work under the immediate guidance and direction of the Nurse Coordinator a licensed registered nurse to maintain routine clinic records, provide minor first aid care, and conduct health screenings.
High School diploma or GED
Two (2) years’ experience in health-related position; experience working with school-age children
Knowledge of basic first aid and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
Assist with immunization compliance
Compiles accurate data for local and state report
Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
Ability to use software to develop databases and do word processing
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Shares appropriate health information with nurse
Major responsibilities and duties
- Provide basic first aid and care for minor injuries and illness according to a detailed protocol established by the school nurse (RN) or medical advisor
- Screen immunizations; assist with health fairs and special outreach event
- Assist with screening programs, take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration rate, and blood pressure), and accurately document results as proscribed by district, state, and federal requirements. Communicate findings to supervising school health staff for direction.
- Assist families complete CHIP, Medicaid, SNAP and TANIF applications. Comply with HHSC policies and certifications.
- Assist with immunizations clinics, set up, screen and maintain records
- Maintain an efficient and safe clinic including following infection control procedures as directed by the school nurse (RN). Use Universal Precautions Procedures when cleaning all body spills and providing wound care.
- Prepare, compile, maintain, and file all correspondence, reports, records, and other documents required, including accurate and confidential student health records
- Maintain a daily log of health office activities, including reportable accidents, communicable disease data, and referrals to school nurse (RN)
- Maintain clinic supply inventory and request supplies as needed
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations
- Maintain confidentiality
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.