Human resources

Frequently asked questions

Do you need to change your address/phone number in employee records?

To change your address or phone number, you need to make this change in Oracle self-service.

Do you need an official name change?

To have your name changed, please bring your social security card with your new name to Human Resources, and then change your name in Oracle self-service. 

If you have any other questions regarding name changes you can contact Human Resources. 


Do you need a copy of your service record?

Current Employees

Contact Human Resources for information.

Former Employees

Former employees of Garland ISD needing a copy of their service record for verification of teaching or work experience need to complete a records request form.

Do you want to apply for a new position? (not a transfer or lateral change)

Create an online application if you do not have one or update your existing online application and apply for the job.  Login to job application system

Do you have questions about your certification?
  • Do you need to add a certification area?
  • Does your certification meet assignment rules to teach this class?
  • Are you renewing your certification?

Contact Teena Johnson for assistance.

Did you recently complete a Master’s degree?

Submit official transcript reflecting conferred degree to Human Resources.

Do you need to be out on medical leave?

Visit the Medical Leave page to learn about types of leave and the family medical leave process.


Please open resources in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers. Do not use Internet Explorer.

Nuts & Bolts

Substitute information

Employee handbook

Employee Exit Survey

Current Salary Schedule for Teachers

Salary Schedules & Compensation Information:


To find current job postings and learn how to apply for open positions, visit the Jobs page.

Contact us

For employment related questions, contact:

Human Resources