Human Resources Administrator
Administer the district’s compensation program ensuring that employee salaries remain competitive and equitable. Monitor compensation plan and job classifications for compliance with state and federal law and regulations. Administer the annual employment documents renewal and distribution process. Manage and monitor compliance of I-9 forms. Provides support for the management and control of allocations, job descriptions and job postings.
Master’s degree in Human Resources, business, Education or related field; or
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Education or related field with minimum five (5) years’ experience in Human Resources Administration Certification preferred
Oracle Certification preferred
Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Human resources experience in Public School District; or
Minimum five (5) years’ of comparable experience in Human Resources
Human Resources experience in Public School District preferred
Oracle eBusiness Suite experience in a Public School District preferred
Analytical and attention to detail
Knowledge of general compensation including compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to interpret data
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, perform analysis, and do word processing
Knowledge of Federal immigration procedures and policies
Ability to serve as Oracle super user for HR department
Knowledge of the H-1B visa and Permanent Residency process
Knowledge of job descriptions and job classification processes
Strong public relations, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Maintain and update district pay structures and stipend schedules.
- Develop, document, and implement procedures for administering the districts pay practices and ensure that consistently applied procedures for placement of newly hired employees and employees who change assignments. Streamline processes to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Calculate salaries for new hires and assignment changes.
- Work with other Human Resources staff and supervisors to ensure accurate job descriptions for district positions, Conduct job analysis to determine appropriate salary levels according to compensation guidelines. Review jobs to determine FLSA exemption status.
- Coordinate and annual salary review, update process, and monitor adjustments to ensure accuracy.
- Investigate and respond to salary review requests from district personnel.
- Administer the annual employment documents renewal and distribution process; working with all supervisors, Oracle and HR staff.
- Support Assistant Superintendent with assigned projects.
- Communicate with departments throughout the district on areas of new positions, reallocations, salary, pay grade and position classification.
- Communicate with immigration attorneys regarding H-1B visa extensions and permanent residency process, or any immigration related issues.
- Communicate with employees regarding visa and permanent residency process.
- Manage ongoing internal audit of I-9 forms ensuring proper review and documentation consistent with I-9 guidelines.
- Ensure I-9 forms of new employees are competed properly.
- Ensure all District employees are work authorized at all times.
- Analyze and interpret data to determine competitiveness of district salaries. Identify and recommend appropriate changes.
- Analyze compensation policies in relation to wage and hour regulations and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Analyze job description of position requests or position changes fir appropriate pay grade placement based on qualifications, duties and responsibilities.
- Works cooperatively with others to develop compensation budgets based on staffing projections.
- Compile, maintain, and file related reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.