HVAC Boiler Tech, Licensed
This position is responsible for making repairs and replacements to boiler systems, circulation pumps, domestic and heating boilers. Makes pump repairs and replacements to include pipe fitting installations and pipe repair. Trouble shoot ignition systems and make repairs or replacements.
High School Diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
HVAC Class A or B license
Plumbing background preferred
Minimum five (5) years’ experience
Knowledge of boiler systems domestic and heating boilers
Knowledge of circulation pumps, ignition systems, controls, schematics, wiring diagrams, and general knowledge of the electrical trade.
Knowledge of combustion air make up and flue pipe systems
Knowledge of pipe fitting and design for boiler systems
Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Major responsibilities and duties
- Maintain, make repairs and replacements to boiler systems, domestic and heating boilers.
- Maintain, make repairs and replacements to pump systems including pipe repairs and pipe fitting.
- Maintain, make repairs and replacements to ignition systems or control systems related to boilers.
- Ability to open and close work orders, keeping track of man hours, materials, purchase orders and P-Card purchases logged on each work order.
- Communicate with Principals, Administrators, kitchen staff and Food Services about the boiler repairs at their campuses, job start dates, completion dates and quality of work being done.
- Ability to maintain inventory of materials on district vehicles.
- Ability to estimate and give quotes for boiler work and repairs with timelines and completion dates.
- Ability to work safely using proper PP&E and issued safety equipment.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.