HVAC Controls Technician
Performs routine and extensive preventive maintenance and repair procedures on school district facility HVAC Controls equipment/devices and systems.
High School Diploma or GED
Associate Degree in Technical Field preferred
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
HVAC Controls Technical School
HVAC Contractor License preferred
Minimum three (3) years of experience with Central Monitoring & Control Systems and Direct Digital Control (CMCS/DDC) and Pneumatic Controls Systems
Computer Experience and use of Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite
Ability to interface with Energy Management System
Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical plans and specifications for building facilities
Knowledge of basic types of automatic controls and systems instrumentation
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely and workable manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience with the installation, operation and maintenance of CMCS/DDC and Pneumatic Control Systems.
- Assist HVAC Controls Supervisor in the development and maintenance of HVAC Controls Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Assist HVAC Controls Supervisor in the development and maintenance of HVAC Controls devices and equipment inventory.
- Ability to understand Electrical and HVAC Systems, building automation electronic control systems and to interpret control drawings, plans and specifications.
- Ability to work on Universal Network Controllers and JACE.
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
- Available for after hours and weekend on call and emergencies.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.