HVAC Filter Crew Leader
This working Crew Leader is responsible for overseeing the filter crew in the installation of filters and cleaning coils in all HVAC units throughout Garland Independent School District, developing schedules and keeping up with the inventory of filters. This job is an evening shift position, hours are 2:00 p.m. to 12:30 .am., four days a week and ten hours per day.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Three (3) years’ experience with HVAC or filter work
Supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge of HVAC units for filter change outs and coil cleaning
Ability to keep inventory totals on filters
Ability to use ladders and lift equipment safely
Knowledge of billing and receiving invoices
Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Major responsibilities and duties
- Oversee the installation and change out of filters on HVAC units on the insides and outside of buildings in the Garland Independent School District.
- Oversee the cleaning of coils on HVAC units on the inside and outside of buildings in the district.
- Create installation and change out schedules for filters, coil cleaning schedule and keep filter crew on these timelines.
- Oversee the safety of all workers, making sure that proper PP&E is being issued and used during working hours.
- Keep up with the inventory of all filters at every building location.
- Communicate with Principals, Administrators and staff about filter change out and coil cleaning work at their campuses, job start dates, completions dates and quality of work being done.
- Ability to open and close work orders, keeping track of man hours, materials, purchase orders and P-Card purchases logged on each work order.
- Order materials on a daily basis, have materials in the shop and delivered to the job site for work crews and filter crews.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.