HVAC Service Worker
Under minimum supervision, repair and install insulation on boilers and piping systems for heating and cooling maintenance, follow preventative maintenance schedules, and respond to emergencies. Expected to diversity equipment, heating exchangers, storage tanks, and related equipment. Keep accurate records for work order craftsmanship capability in all phases of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, controls, and insulation with associated training as part of assigned tasks.
High School Diploma or GED
Associate Degree in Technical Field preferred
Class A or B Commercial License preferred
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
C.F.C Certified EPA approved
Minimum five (5) years commercial HVAC
Demonstrated ability to perform responsibilities under general supervision
Demonstrated knowledge of municipal plumbing and HVAC codes
Demonstrated ability to use tools to install, repair, and maintain a wide range of HVAC equipment
Major responsibilities and duties
- Repair insulation on boilers, piping systems, heat exchangers, storage tanks, and related equipment.
- Inspect the insulation on heating and cooling systems for damage and leaks, and repair the insulation.
- Follow preventative maintenance schedules for inspections and repairs on various types of HVAC equipment.
- Recommend purchase order requests; maintain work order, tool, and inventory records and other documents.
- Coordinate materials and supplies for preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, and routine work order maintenance.
- Secure insulation to boilers, steam, condenser, return lines, hot water copper lines, chill water lines, and storage tanks.
- Finish insulation with canvas and coat with lead-free high glass enamel paint.
- Operate hand and power tools and other equipment using good safety practices.
- Maintain good public relations and communication with co-workers, principals, department heads, and subordinates.
- Maintain safety standards in accordance with federal, state, district, and insurance regulation.
- Ensure that established safety procedures are followed including lifting and climbing. Make sure that tools and equipment are operated and chemicals handled according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
Inventory and Equipment
- Evaluate and recommend HVAC supplies and equipment to be used.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain preventive maintenance schedules for HVAC equipment.
- Ensure that maintenance is completed and equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Recommend replacement of existing equipment when necessary.
- Conduct regular inventory of physical equipment and supplies and maintain accurate records.
- Order tools, equipment, and supplies as needed.
- No direct reports.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.