Instructional Classroom Aide
Assist the lead teacher with students to ensure their excellent care and safety in the classroom.
High School Diploma or GED
Prior experience working with children, preferred
Effective communication skills with children
Major responsibilities and duties
- Assist lead teacher with classroom/locker management.
- Assist with physical safety, emotional, social and educational needs of children.
- Work with teacher for on the job training through:
- Planning and teaching large group
- Planning and teaching small group
- Planning and teaching physical education classes
- Attend trainings and meetings as requested by administrators.
- Directs all communications with families to the lead teacher.
- Assist teacher with daily preparation and cleanup of classroom.
- Comply with all attendance guidelines and policies of the district.
- Work effectively with other staff members.
- Arrives to work on time daily.
- Maintain proper professional appearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by lead teacher and administrators.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.