This position is responsible for managing the inventory of all equipment, tools and items assigned to the Tool Room. Perform inventory on all Maintenance and Grounds vehicles, hand tools and power tools. All inventory is kept in an electronic data base.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Three (3) years’ experience in inventory control, shipping and receiving
General knowledge of inventory processes and procedures
Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Major responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for tool inventory on all district maintenance vehicles, hand tools and power tools.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment and tools assigned to the Tool Room.
- Responsible for assigning equipment and tools to employees for usage, receives equipment or tool back and issues equipment or tool back into inventory.
- Receives and assigns perishable items to workers, such as: drink mix and disposable hand wipes.
- Responsible for inventory and storage of totes and four wheeled carts.
- Receives all new tools and assigns them to a vehicle or employee.
- Receives and distributes all material orders for all Maintenance crafts and Custodial. Obtaining signatures before distribution.
- Receives repaired tools and equipment for holding and redistributes to assigned crafts.
- Keeps all inventory logged on the computer.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.