Local Assessment Coordinator
To facilitate the implementation of comprehensive local assessment program, including the coordination of training, materials, assessment monitoring, data reporting, and other district-level program support. To ensure the security of local assessment program materials. Collaborate with district staff and outside personnel to formulate, develop, implement, and evaluate local assessment programs.
Master’s degree in education from an approved educational institution
Valid Texas teacher certificate
Valid Texas Mid-Management or other appropriate Texas administrative certificate
Three (3) years successful teaching experience in public school
Three (3) years successful experience with assessment programs at the campus/district level, preferred
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Working knowledge of testing rules and regulations
Ability to coordinate testing with campus personnel
Advanced computer and technology skills
Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data
Experience in conducting staff development and /or training
Strong organizational, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
Ability to work well with a diverse population
Major responsibilities and duties
Assessment Program Management
- Monitor state and federal regulations, regarding assessment programs that are locally selected (e.g., MAP, CogAT, NNAT, PSAT, SAT, etc).
- Coordinate locally selected assessment programs, including ordering materials, pre-registering student (when available), and managing distribution and collection of secure and non-secure testing materials.
- Ensure data integrity as related to locally selected assessment programs, including transmission of student registration files, receipt of student result data files, and transferring assessment result files to appropriate data systems (e.g., Skyward, Schoolnet, etc.).
- Train campus testing coordinators and district staff on procedures and guidelines related to locally selected assessment programs, including materials management, confidentiality, and test security.
- Collaborate with other departments in order to ensure the successful implementation of locally selected assessment programs for specialized student groups (e.g., ELL, SPED, etc.) that may require accommodations, modifications, etc.
- Maintain processes for locally selected testing irregularity and incident reporting that include investigations as warranted and/or directed by district, vendor, state, or federal officials.
- Advise RAAD Director and other stakeholders of student/campus district results on locally selected assessment programs.
- Provide assistance to campus/district leadership to support data disaggregation and analysis associated with locally selected assessment programs.
- Provide resources and materials to support campus/district staff in accomplishing student assessment goals, including use of quality tools, c harts, surveys, quantitative/qualitative analysis, and research-based solutions for reports.
- Obtain and use evaluative findings, including student performance data, to examine curriculum and instructional program effectiveness to improve student performance.
- Serve as liaison between school/district and other agencies related to locally selected assessment programs.
- Consult with parents, administrators, counselors, teachers, community agencies and other relevant individuals regarding locally selected assessment programs.
Policy, Reports, and Law Responsibilities
- Compile, maintain, and file all assessment reports, records, and other documents required, including mandatory reports to vendors or state and federal agencies.
- Comply with policies established by state and federal law, State Board of Education rule, and local school board policy.
- Monitor state and federal legislative processes for potential impact on assessment and accountability systems.
Raise Awareness of Dallas County Promise
- Articulate the district’s mission, instructional philosophy and curriculum implementation strategies to the community and solicit its support in realizing the district’s mission.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Respond in an efficient and timely manner to directives, tasks, or projects assigned by the superintendent, chief(s), assistant superintendent(s), or Director of Research Assessment & Accountability.
- Demonstrate awareness of district/community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Relate to staff, students, and parents in ways that convey mutual respect, concern, and high expectations.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Pursue professional development through reading, attending conferences, and being involved with related agencies and organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise work of RAAD Testing Warehouse Distributor to ensure timely distribution of locally selected assessment program materials.
- Supervise work of RAAD Assessment Specialist to support successful implementation of locally selected assessment programs, including access to and interpretation of results.
- Supervise access and use of web-based resources/systems for administering, monitoring, and reporting results of locally selected assessment programs by campus and district staff.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.