To maintain all door hardware at each of the district schools and support buildings.
High School Diploma or GED
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Minimum two (2) years; lock experience preferred
Experience with installation and repair of commercial locks and closers.
Experience with various types of key equipment.
Major responsibilities and duties
- Installation, repair and maintenance of commercial lockable hardware such as automatic electric doors, windows, lockers and magnetic keying systems to ensure safety of facilities.
- Ability to work on electrical products including strikes, holders, card readers, mag locks, electric exit devices, etc.
- Ability to adjust door in frames.
- Ability to re-key locks and keep accurate key records.
- Ability to identify and repair locks, desks, file cabinets, lockers, etc.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely and workable manner.
- Ability to get along with others.
- Ability to adjust door closers.
- Ability to work on fire doors.
- Ability to ready blue prints.
- Ability to work on overhead doors.
- Willingness and ability to complete additional duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.