Maintenance Field Supervisor Electrical
Oversees the overall electrical operations within Garland Independent School Districts designated Maintenance and Operations area (District). Supervises, assigns, inspects, and evaluates the work of the assigned staff, provides technical work direction to site-based staff, and monitors, inspects, and reviews work performed by contractors. Manages certain maintenance contracts when assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Trade school preferred or relevant work experience
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Master Electrician License required
Elevator Maintenance training certification preferred
Five (5) years electrical experience, required
Three (3) years electrical supervisory experience required
Good working knowledge of the national Electrical Code as well as the city requirements of Garland, Rowlett and Sachse
Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Good computer proficiency with Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Must be familiar with Electronic Maintenance Management Systems (EMMS)
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ability to represent the district in a professional supervisory manner.
- Must work well with and without supervision.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work orders assigned through the work center.
- The willingness to train and share knowledge to subordinates insuring professional growth for our employees.
- Must be willing to run work orders when required during busy times to insure the safety of the students, parents and staff.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise all repair and preventative maintenance work to completion.
- Must be able to acquire building permits from the cities of Garland, Rowlett and Sachse.
- Ability to manage elevator contracts and contractors insuring program compliance with the State of Texas Department of Licensing and regulation (TDLR).
- Ability to review and interpret plans and specifications for new construction or remodels performed during Capital Improvement programs and projects.
- Ability to respond to critical situations providing solutions insuring a successful outcome.
- Develop over time a detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the electrical systems within the campuses and buildings of GISD insuring a high level of customer service and support for the students, staff and parents.
- Perform all duties and assignments as required.
- Supervises maintenance electrician and certain assigned building engineers.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.