Responsible for on-site leadership of all catering operations provided by Garland ISD Student Nutrition Services. Ensure that appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served. Meet time constraints set by menu requirements established by student nutrition services. Ensure all operations follow safe food handling standards.
High School Diploma or GED
Serve Safe Certified
Experience in institutional and catering food service operations
Food service management experience, preferred
Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment and appliances used in food preparation
Knowledge of food handler safety
Ability to manage personnel
Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Math skills necessary to convert recipes and quantities of recipes
Ability to successfully complete the Garland ISD Student Nutrition Services eight week Cafeteria
Manager Training Program
Ability to successfully pass and maintain a Serve Safe or equivalent certification
Major responsibilities and duties
- Develop work schedules, assign work to catering food service employees and oversee completion of duties.
- Maintain all serving schedules and serve all food items according to menu specifications defined by departmental policies and procedures.
- Work cooperatively with campus principal and other district personnel to accommodate temporary schedule changes and special serving requirements.
- Ability to fill in and perform al job functions for any position within the catering department.
- Ability to cover other schools as needed when a manager is absent.
- Work with inter district personnel to coordinate catering functions.
Safety and Sanitation
- Ensure that food is produced safely and is of high quality according to policies, procedures and department requirements. Store and handle food items and supplies safely following health and safety codes and regulations.
- Enforce standards of cleanliness, health and safety.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health and safety.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking and safeguarding facilities.
Inventory and Equipment
- Ensure that appropriate quantities of food and supplies are available through daily orders and periodic inventories.
- Maintain a clean and organized storage area. Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Conduct regular physical equipment and supplies inventory.
Policy, Reports, and Law
- Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other documents including reports of daily and monthly financial, production and activity records as required by law.
- Review and submit accurate time and attendance records for payroll reporting purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor the work and issue work assignments to catering food service workers.
- Work to resolve all personnel issues.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.