Manager Certification Human Resources
Direct and manage the certification function of the human resources department. Work under minimal supervision to verify and monitor certification status of applicants and employees. Confirm district compliance with state and federal certification and licensing requirements.
Five (5) years of experience in certification
Ability to understand, analyze, interpret and implement certification rules and procedures
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Ability to use student information systems and business management systems
Ability to effectively present information to other employees in one-on-one and small-group situations
Ability to make independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling
Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of individuals, both internal and external to the district
Effective and strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to prioritize workflow for themselves and others to address the multiple needs of the supervisor or department
Major responsibilities and duties
Certification and Licensing
- Process teacher and paraprofessional hire recommendations and verify certification with the Texas state Board of Educator Certification (SBEC), universities, colleges, and education agencies in other states.
- Assist principals and directors of human resources (HR) in identifying appropriate requirements for teacher and paraprofessional assignments according to state and federal assignment criteria.
- Track certification, testing, and permit status and follow-up with employees to ensure completion of certification requirements within established timelines. Process state permit applications and monitor permit status.
- Research and maintain current information on state and federal rules, certification requirements and processes, and testing dates.
- All other duties as assigned.
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required including maintaining a database of certification and licensing information for certified or licensed professionals, paraprofessionals, and auxiliary employees.
- Prepare correspondence, forms, and reports according to district standards and requirements.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
- Supervise, evaluate, and recommend hiring and firing of human resource department employees assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.