Manager Event Services
Manages all aspects of arena events as well as other Curtis Culwell Center events, from advanced planning stages through the end of the event. Ensures the timely, customer friendly and efficient provision of services such as: event planning, budget review, assessment of facility and staffing needs, provision of stage hands for arena shows, and securing related supplementary services (catering, housekeeping, parking, security, and technology). Works a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays, and must be present and active for all arena show days. Serves as Manager on duty per established rotation. Coordinates Manager on Duty training and assignments for other events. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience relevant to the position
A minimum of three years’ experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Event Coordinating or related field preferred
Previous experience in an Arena or Convention Center setting preferred
Knowledge of customer service best practices
Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, with proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Ability to communicate effectively with clients, identify event/facility needs, and determine optimal solutions to their concerns
Proven ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly
Experience in crowd management staffing
Previous supervisory experience
Familiarity with OSHA requirements; knowledge of fire and public safety regulations, and relevant federal, state and local regulations
Ability to work a flexible schedule, include nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Proficient in use of work processing and spreadsheet software
Major responsibilities and duties
- Utilizes event information from sales department and clients to coordinate all aspects of appropriate event services delivery.
- Consults with various users, promoters, convention representatives and others concerning physical set-up needs and requirements for assigned areas.
- Initiates a detailed event order or function sheet to be timely distributed to inform all staff, services providers, and clients of the operational details, services and logistics of each event.
- Establishes both short and long term guides on each event for staff and services providers for current and future reference.
- Implements and administers the customer services standards, all policies and procedures of the Curtis Culwell Center.
- Coordinates multiple event move in/out times and custodial services; oversees equipment availability and usage; coordinates other activities related to all events.
- Inspects facilities to ensure they are being maintained properly for events.
- Implements and administers the catering policies to ensure compliance and consistent and efficient delivery of event services.
- Recommends actions to the Director that are necessary to maximize customer satisfaction and encourage repeat business for center.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication, supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to independently analyze conditions and problems and take appropriate action.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment in a highly responsible position.
- Ability to express self clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the public.
- Neat and professional in appearance and expression.
- Displays professionalism in dealing with students, parents, staff and facility users.
- Approaches problem solving tactfully with directness and integrity.
- Exerts a positive influence and works in harmony with associates.
- Responds to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner.
- Displays self-control and tact.
- Must display good attendance and is punctual.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Is mentally alert and physically able to perform job functions.
- Provides for the care and protection of school property.
- Manifests support for and compliance with the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the Curtis Culwell Center and Garland ISD.
- Follows Curtis Culwell Center policies pertaining to the individual assignment.
- Demonstrates an interest in acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Seeks professional growth through continuing education and staff development.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Supervises event coordinators, audio visual technicians, custodians and other facility staff during events.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.