This position is responsible for managing the HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing supervisors and technicians as they maintain the equipment at each of the district’s schools, and support buildings. This is a multifunction position. While the primary focus in on preventative maintenance of heating and air conditioning, this position is frequently required to supervise tradesmen of other crafts and to direct, monitor and approve the actions, performance and/or contractors and vendors as they work for Garland ISD.
High school diploma or GED
Associates Degree preferred
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
TDLR Contractors Class A License and Universal CFC License required
Five (5) years’ experience in one of the following trade disciplines: HVAC, Electrical or Plumbing
Ten years of commercial HVAC, Electrical or Plumbing experience
Previous supervisory experience
Knowledge of water treatment and boiler controls
Strong mechanical aptitude
Knowledge of local and state laws
Computer proficiency n Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Major responsibilities and duties
- Develops, coordinates, established and executes HVAC schedule to ensure services or repairs on a frequency necessary to maintain Garland ISD’s investment to the quality standards and reliability with emphasis on safety.
- Organizes, trains, leads, schedules and supervises HVAC, electrical and plumbing products, standardized products and hardware to achieve economy.
- Evaluates available heating and air conditioning, electrical and plumbing products, standardizes products and hardware to achieve economy.
- Submits Purchase Requisitions in accordance with established HVAC, electrical and plumbing schedules to ensure ready availability of materials, supplies and equipment required.
- Responsible for coordination of special projects with outside HVAC, electrical and plumbing contractors.
- Determine and monitor stock inventory levels which pertain to the HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing departments.
- Maintain and submit reports of all man-hours and materials utilized in performing HVAC, electrical and plumbing functions for the district.
- Monitor and evaluate the PM schedule on all HVAC equipment.
- Experience procuring parts and total unit packages.
- Expertise dealing with controls and wiring.
- Willingness to perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervises the activities of the HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing shops and the trade personnel.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.