Manager, Trades and Projects
This position is responsible for managing the painting, general maintenance, locksmiths, building engineers, and districtwide maintenance operations for each of the district schools and support buildings. This position is the primary department contact for response to general maintenance emergency calls from facilities throughout the district, and is responsible for following up with project status and resolution.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Five (5) years’ experience in managing a K-12/University plant maintenance organization
Previous supervisory experience
Knowledge of carpentry, flooring, painting, cabinet making, ceramic tile installation, roofing, glass installation, locksmith and General Maintenance to building systems.
Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Major responsibilities and duties
- Manage painting, general maintenance, locksmiths, building engineers, and districtwide maintenance operations.
- Primary department contact for response to general maintenance emergency calls from facilities throughout the district, and follow up with project status and resolution. Subject to 24-hour call out in emergencies.
- Review and approve overtime requests and purchases of tools, equipment, supplies, and contract services.
- Directly supervises three (3) supervisors and indirectly supervises all personnel in the Building Trades Department, including training, professional development, and annual continuing education.
- Oversee personnel issues with employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, hiring and training employees. Also, addressing complaints, resolving problems, rewarding, and disciplining employees.
- Assists with preparing and administering the annual budget, analyze and review budgetary and financial data, and monitor and authorize expenditures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Keep abreast of and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations related to maintenance and operations activities; advise appropriate personnel of regulation changes affecting the District.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises three (3) supervisors and indirectly supervises all personnel in the Building Trades Department.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.