North Garland High School (NGHS)
Offerings available to all Raiders
College, Career and Military Readiness (CCMR)
- Advanced Placement (AP) and dual credit classes
- Dallas County Promise
- Free PSAT/SAT/TSI-A test prep and on-site testing
Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Available areas of study
- Career Prep (Work Program)
- Child Development
- Computer Science
- Digital Video
- Fashion Design
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Patient Care Tech
- Web Design
Specific CTE offerings
- CTE courses offered: Course list
- CTE internships and practicums: Course list
- CTE certifications: Certification list
CTE application required for some courses
Visual and Performing Arts
- Drill Team
- Step Team
- Visual Arts
Students can apply for just one program or both AMS and MST. Students will take AP courses with some dual credit.
Accelerated Math & Science (AMS)
- Complete math and science classes faster, allowing students to take more math and science courses.
- Depending on the starting track, students will finish 6-10 high school math credits and 5-7 science credits.
- Additional testing will be required to determine starting track.
Students must be at the 80th percentile in math and reading and meet grading and discipline requirements.
Learn more about the Accelerated Math & Science magnet.
Math, Science and Technology (MST)
- CISCO Telecommunications
- Multimedia Broadcast
- Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Biomedical
- PLTW Computer Science
- PLTW Engineering
Students must be at the 75th percentile in math and reading and meet grading and discipline requirements.
Learn more about the Global Business, Language & Leadership magnet.
Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH)
- Associate of Applied Science in network administration and support
- Associate of Applied Science with a premedical/predental concentration
- Cohort groups foster accelerated learning and provide support to develop academic and social skills necessary for college completion.
- Richland College and industry partnerships
No testing or grading requirements necessary.
Learn more about the P-TECH magnet.