Nutrition and Menu Operations Coordinator
Maintain department nutrient analysis and menu compliance documentation; plan, develop, and promote new and vibrant standardized menus that adhere to the USDA guidelines; ensure high quality food is purchased and served to students; and develop effective marketing campaigns to advertise menu offerings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Institutional Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management,
Home Economics, Business or a related field
MS, RDN, or SNS, preferred
A minimum of three (3) years successful public school food service experience
Demonstrated knowledge of the technology used to capture and analyze data
Demonstrated ability to analyze productivity measures to evaluate customer service satisfaction and adjust standard menu offerings accordingly
Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of the food service industry
Demonstrated knowledge of nutrition, menu planning, nutrient analysis and food based menus
Demonstrated understanding of governmental nutritional requirements to ensure compliance
Demonstrated organizational, communication, management and interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the position
Major responsibilities and duties
- Develop and analyze quality menus that meet USDA guidelines.
- Responsible for all student allergy and special diet documentation; communicate with school nurses; coordinate student allergy/special diet menu.
- Assist with menu substitutions in accordance with meal pattern regulations.
- Collect and enter data into menu analysis software; routinely evaluate data for accuracy and ensure all menu targets have been met.
- Coordinate and maintain electronic food production records in the schools.
- Provide training and/or training assistance involving field supervisors, managers and cafeteria staff pertaining to menu, food production, recipes, meal pattern and regulation updates from USDA.
- Stay abreast of best practices, laws, regulations, policies and emerging technologies related to school food service operations, and communicate any changed to department administration.
- Work collaboratively with the menu committee, field supervisors and other department personnel to develop effective marketing and promotional campaigns to advertise menu offerings.
- Assist in creating bid specifications and reviewing product labels during bid testing.
- Oversee recipe testing and crediting procedures.
- Measure customer satisfaction and participation through surveys and taste tests, analyze performance measurement results, and adjust standard menu offerings accordingly.
- Routinely visit district cafeterias to evaluate the quality of food and services.
- Foster an environment in which open communication and feedback from school and department staff is encouraged and valued.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Supervise assigned staff.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.