Office Manager BE-ESL Department
Under moderate supervision, organize and manage the routine work activities of the BE/ESL Clinic and provide clerical support to a BE/ESL Nurse Coordinator, social worker and other staff members.
High school diploma or GED
Valid TEA Certification
Two years secretarial experience
Proficient skills in keyboarding, data entry, work processing, and file maintenance
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets and databases and do word processing
Ability to prioritize workflow to address the multiple needs of the supervisor or the department
Ability to multi-task numerous complex administrative activities
Basic math skills
Effective communication, and interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities and duties
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
- Prepare correspondence, forms, reports, manuals, and presentations for the department head and other department staff members.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Perform routine bookkeeping tasks and maintain department budget records. Prepare and process department purchase orders and payment authorizations.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies and program equipment.
- Monitor and process personnel time records including leave requests and reports and submit in accordance with district procedures.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for department staff.
- Make meeting arrangements for department activities including preparing materials, scheduling and setting up facilities, and arranging equipment.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other documents to department staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Under supervision of BE/ESL Nurse Coordinator supervises Paraprofessional clinic staff and temporary staff.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.