Operations Supervisor - Transportation
Supervise route supervisors and route drivers. Perform any of the following duties: routing/scheduling, special projects and other duties as directed.
High School Diploma or GED, required
Clear and Valid Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) Endorsements
Texas School Bus Driver Safety Training Certification
Five (5) years’ experience as a transportation supervisor
Knowledge of demographic and transportation routing software
Knowledge of Skyward Student Routing System
Proficient map reading skills
Proficient computer skills in Microsoft applications and applicable transportation software
Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to manage and supervise personnel
Major responsibilities and duties
- Schedule and supervise bus drivers within assigned geographic area of responsibility.
- Promote a positive image that supports the mission of the school district.
- Assist with the assignment and evaluation of department employees.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with school staff and administration.
- Schedule parents and/or driver conferences when necessary.
- Evaluate driver’s performance and propose appropriate methods of interacting with studentsconcerning behavior problem.
- Confer with assistant director and make recommendations regarding supervised personnel.
- Assist with various reports as required by the state, district or department.
- Observe all safety rules according to DOT regulations.
- Coordinate new and revised bus routes and schedules.
- Assist with department TEA annual reports.
- Coordinate and schedule summer school and extended day routes.
- Assist in developing and coordinating routes to maximize time and capacity use of school buses through the district’s routing system.
- Develop and maintain regular bus routes to ensure optimum routing efficiency using the district’s computerized routing software program.
- Prepare and generate state routes and student count forms in accordance with state reporting guidelines.
- Project bus schedule modifications based on changes in demographics.
- Work with other route supervisors to monitor the accuracy of their assigned routes.
- Substitute drive on any bus route as necessary.
- Manage student behavior while on a bus route.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Route supervisors, bus drives, substitute drivers and bus aides.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.