Oracle Database Administrator
Administer and maintain all Oracle and other business technology databases within the organization portfolio and ensure date integrity among all business applications. Adhere to security best practices and serve as system engineer among the business topology.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar engineering major
Oracle certification(s) preferred
Five + (5) years of experience with Oracle database administration and related tasks
Experience with Oracle Applications (E-Business Suite 12) and 11g or 12c database
Previous experience as an Oracle or Systems Analyst preferred
Professional training/certification using Oracle tools and technologies
Experience with Linux Administration, including shell scripting, security fundamentals and environment maintenance
Must have sound knowledge of replication, performance tuning/optimization, patching, upgrades and admin utilities
Experience with configuration, load-balancing, backup/recovery, sizing and space management, and diagnostics
Experience with Enterprise Manager (OEM)
Strong sense of software quality assurance
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
Ability to work in a team environment
Major responsibilities and duties
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Administer the database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security.
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required.
- Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Patch management and version control.
- Additional duties required as directed by the Oracle Technology Manager.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.