Oracle Technical Solutions Architect
Technical Solutions Architect to support all Oracle Technology Systems & Oracle eBusiness Suite product lines. The individual will participate in all aspects of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) including solution design, implementation and deployment. This hands-on technical role requires strong system design skills and experience with database management, data warehouse & Business Intelligence products. Also responsible for road mapping technologies, project design review, and project audit to ensure that the IT team is implementing projects and deliverables in accordance with the technical/architecture standards.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar engineering major
Project Management certification (preferred)
15+ years with Oracle ERP suite as a senior Technical Lead/Developer
Extensive experience in Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations, upgrades, and analysis of core application modules
Managed & implemented Oracle APEX solutions
Advanced SQL, PL/SQL knowledge
Hands-on experience with Oracle tools such as Oracle Forms/reports & BI Publisher, Oracle Workflow
Extensive knowledge of Discoverer, Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence tools
Managed technical migrations & instance management
Excellent communication, presentation and time-management skills
Knowledge of database management tools/activities & disaster recovery is a must
Demonstrated self-direction skills and strong business relationship skills
Experienced developer in a Unix or Linux environment
Data modeling experience
SML gateway or XML development experience
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
Ability to work in a team environment
Major responsibilities and duties
- Analyze business needs as they relate to Garland ISD business objectives and creation of lean processes; lead development efforts on EBS & Business Intelligence platform.
- Devise technical architectures to serve the business needs of department and campus staff.
- Create implementation plans and communicate internally with IT project team members.
- Partner with peers and IT resources, business representative and external platform vendors to execute the implementation plan.
- Lead the design and modeling of technical delivery, development, and support of projects.
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IT standards to meet business requirements.
- Key responsibilities include technical project management, scope creation and management, requirements gathering, data analysis, design document creation, communication with internal IT resources for data extracts, interface design, software development, and post-implementation support.
- High level of competency in architecture creation and software engineering.
- Participate to implement functional/configuration changes associated with all change/enhancement requests.
- Analyze program changes, participate in technical troubleshooting.
- Oracle Application Developer (2)
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.