Under general supervision, perform the application and preparation of latex paints, enamels, acrylics and other approved products to protect the interior and exterior of Garland ISD buildings using hand brushes, rollers and power driven painting equipment to apply paints.
High School Diploma or GED
Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record
Minimum five (5) years’ experience commercial or residential painting
Knowledge of various types of paints, acrylics, epoxies, primers, stains, solvents and other industry coatings
Knowledge and ability to use paint spray equipment, striping machines, power equipment, rollers and brushes to apply paints
Knowledge of tape, bed and texture. Usage of tape, bed and texture tools, airless spray rigs and texture machines, application of different types of textures
Knowledge of scaffolding systems, extension ladders and lift equipment (scissor, one man, drivable four wheeled units), power washers etc.
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Computer proficiency preferred
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ability to apply various types of paints, primers and coatings to wall systems, ceiling systems, metal surfaces, masonry surfaces, interior and exterior to the buildings of the GISD and using brush and roller processes and or spray equipment.
- Ability to prepare interior and exterior surfaces for paint application by sanding, filling holes, cracks and joints with caulking or approved materials.
- Ability to tape, bed and texture newly installed sheetrock, sheetrock repairs and wall surfaces using texture machines, hoppers and spray guns, tape and bed tools, with knowledge of different texture applications.
- Ability to clean and maintain painting equipment after each use, including brushes, rollers, power equipment and spray equipment.
- Ability to construct and use scaffolding, extension ladders and lift equipment safely.
- Maintain accurate records for labor, materials and hours worked for work order completion on assigned work.
- Ability to work safely using proper PP&E and issued safety equipment.
- Communicate with Principals, Administrators and staff about paint work at their campuses.
- Ability to repair vinyl wall coverings and other approved wall coverings.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
- No direct reports.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.