Path to College & Career course
Path is a college and career readiness program offered at all Garland ISD high schools. Preparing students for successful futures, Path builds life skills such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking and problem-solving.
This course is an elective with no GPA points and no homework.
Students in this course have the opportunity to:
- develop a graduation plan
- build an electronic portfolio in Naviance
- receive support filling out college applications
- apply for financial aid
- complete scholarship applications
- write college entrance essays
- prepare for college entrance and readiness exams such as the PSAT, SAT and ACT
- create a resume
- secure references and letters of recommendation
Interested students should talk to their counselor about registering for this course.