Payroll Specialist, Maintenance
This position is responsible for managing employee time and payroll for Maintenance and Building staff. This position acts as liaison between the Maintenance Department staff and the Human Resources or Benefits departments.
High School Diploma or GED
TEA Paraprofessional Certification or eligible
Three (3) years of experience in the following:
Large volume payroll
MSOffice, Excel and Word
Strong math aptitude
10-key by touch
Kronos experience preferred
Oracle software experience preferred
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to handle high-volume, fast-paced work load.
- Detail oriented and flexibility under pressure a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Effective and pleasant telephone/communication skills.
- Strong organizational and general clerical skills.
- Initiative in performing routine office functions.
- Good judgment in handing confidential information.
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.