Providing responsible operations of all areas of the printing processes.
High school diploma or GED
Three (3) years’ experience in print production
Ability to efficiently produce quality print work in strict time constraints
Understanding and subsequent execution of following presses/copiers: Roland SolJETpro4, Mimaki JFX200-2513, Mutoh Value Jet VJ-1617H, ABDick 9910, ABDick 9995, Sakurai Oliver 266EPZ, Prestek 52DI 4 Color Process
Ability to perform in other areas of printing facility as needed, such as bindery, and knowledge of driving and delivery duties and processes
Ability to make minor repairs on all production machines
Major responsibilities and duties
- Ability to accomplish print work while under pressure generated by exacting production schedules.
- Ability to detect mechanical malfunction in printing equipment.
- Ability to run clean, clear, consistent, attractive print jobs.
- Monitor inventory to ensure a minimum of delivery delays.
- Manage print production to assure the shortest turnaround time.
- Assist in the production of foil, embossing and die cutting.
- Ability to correctly identify the various color of ink and paper.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instruction, with effective interpersonal skills.
- Have experience in the operation and maintenance of offset and other duplicating equipment, and assist in training of other employees on various print production machines.
- Knowledge of the methods techniques and equipment used in offset and foil presses.
- General knowledge of various computer software programs such as InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.
Mental demands/physical demands/environmental factors
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsible and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.