We are committed to the protection of the privacy of our website users and visitors. We will only collect, store or use your personal information as needed to complete your requests.
Information logged automatically
The following information is logged automatically by our server when you visit a Garland Independent School District website:
- Your computer’s IP Address
- The browser software being used
- Your computer’s operating system
- Google Analytics is also used to analyze visitor data. For more information on Google Analytics please visit Google Analytics Help.
Any information gathered is obtained solely for the purpose of improving the district’s services and providing the system with statistical information to assist in improving the educational mission of the district.
We reserve the right to use “cookies” from time to time when you use a service provided by us that requires you to log in or complete a form. “Cookies” allow us to remember you when you visit our site. Although one cookie might reside on your computer so that we can recognize you each time you visit our site, any session-specific cookies will expire when closing your web browser.
Personally identifiable information
Personally identifiable information such as name, address, phone number or electronic mail address are collected only when you initiate communication with us via e-mail or provide us with the information when you:
- Subscribe to a newsletter or a mailing list
- Provide feedback in an online survey
- Request information or assistance
- Complete a registration form